Wednesday, July 24, 2013

37 weeks now!!

Yes I knowww, I was supposed to update about our first month here in Melbourne but I guess I got distracted, everything here is still new to me and adjusting is not as immediate as I hoped it would be. Everything else could be put on hold, but this baby is definitely coming along Inshallah!

I am now in my 37th week of pregnancy and dah tak sabar nak give birth because it's soooo tiring ya Allah! The bloggers that I follow yang pregnant lebih kurang sama time macam I, semua beranak awal (around 37 - 38 weeks) and their babies pun size comel2 je, dalam 2.3kg - 2.8kg.

BUT not me! I am not showing any signs of popping yet, but my baby is growing into epic proportions! Alhamdulillah. It means she's healthy, no? I went for a final ultrasound last week and the doctor cakap wow this baby is big, she's already 3.4kg and will continue to grow bigger until birth. Mashallah. My glucose levels semua ok, normal, so it means I've been eating well (not over eating ke apa) so it's just my baby's genetics.

Mak I tengah memaksa minum air akar Fatimah (tastes like wood) to help stimulate contractions. Hopefully it works.

This was at 34 weeks!!
Anyway, here's what's been happening to me:

  1. Uncomfortable sleep. I wake up every other hour to adjust my position (or risk cramps or back pain) and to go to the toilet to pee.

  2. Speaking of sleep, Faiq doesn't get much either thanks to my snoring which is now of epic surround sound. Baby pushing on diaphragm.

  3. Walking or sitting upright will cause me to be headbutted in the bladder, hence the urge to pee every 5 minutes.

  4. Walking also gives me pelvic pain plus I look like a deranged penguin waddling around, holding up my tummy with both hands for support.

  5. I have a map of the lost city of Atlantis engraved on my tummy and sides (dark, angry stretch marks).

  6. When baby moves, it is visible through three layers of my clothing (it's winter). Imagine what my tummy feels from inside.
Doakan I have a safe and easy labour soon please guys! Thanks! :)

10 comments:

  1. kalau dapat air zamzam lagi bagus. nnt sebelum masuk labour room, minum air tue dan sapu kat ari2..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. tu laa, ramai dah suggest tapi susah skit la nak cari air zam2 kat sini. :(

      Delete
  2. Assalamualaikum dear. subhanallah bestnya mengandung.... syukur you masih okey. hopefully everythings will be fine dear. heeee comelnya tummy! hehehhehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Waalaikumussalam Sheila! yes i blm beranak2 lagi. rasa mcm dah lama sgt pregnant. haha. Inshallah, soon i hope. i'll keep u updated!

      Delete
  3. besarnye peyut diaaaaa...takpe, asalkan baby sihat..

    Melbourne is so nice kan? rindu melbourne..used to stay there for 3 months for student exchange program sambil terbercinta dengan husband dulu..hehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. besar kan? gemuk sgt baby i ni kot, ikut mak dia.. hahaha. ohh student exchange kat melbourne ke? how nice, mesti u rindu sgt2. i love it here Alhamdulillah. :)

      Delete
  4. Assalammualaikum Mawar!! Ur baby's huge!! Nice bump pic btw. :)
    Anyways, i'm sending prayers and thoughts ur way, hope you have a speedy uncomplicated delivery soon.

    Drink up the akar/bunga Fatimah and all other drinks yg u can think off. Walking helps alot too (they say...)

    Can't wait to read ur update on the birth story!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Sheena, it's nice to know people are sending duas my way. :) I have been walking alot tapi baby ni macam tak nak keluar je! No difference at all. Pfft. Degil mcm mak dia..

      Delete
  5. glad to baca your another post. cant wait for the baby.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Havent been reading your posts in a long time. All the very best and may this Eid bring you and your family the best of blessings.

    ReplyDelete

If you don't have something nice to say, please don't say anything at all. Positive vibes only, people! :)

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...