Yes I knowww, I was supposed to update about our first month here in Melbourne but I guess I got distracted, everything here is still new to me and adjusting is not as immediate as I hoped it would be. Everything else could be put on hold, but this baby is definitely coming along Inshallah!
I am now in my 37th week of pregnancy and dah tak sabar nak give birth because it's soooo tiring ya Allah! The bloggers that I follow yang pregnant lebih kurang sama time macam I, semua beranak awal (around 37 - 38 weeks) and their babies pun size comel2 je, dalam 2.3kg - 2.8kg.
BUT not me! I am not showing any signs of popping yet, but my baby is growing into epic proportions! Alhamdulillah. It means she's healthy, no? I went for a final ultrasound last week and the doctor cakap wow this baby is big, she's already 3.4kg and will continue to grow bigger until birth. Mashallah. My glucose levels semua ok, normal, so it means I've been eating well (not over eating ke apa) so it's just my baby's genetics.
Mak I tengah memaksa minum air akar Fatimah (tastes like wood) to help stimulate contractions. Hopefully it works.
Anyway, here's what's been happening to me:
- Uncomfortable sleep. I wake up every other hour to adjust my position (or risk cramps or back pain) and to go to the toilet to pee.
- Speaking of sleep, Faiq doesn't get much either thanks to my snoring which is now of epic surround sound. Baby pushing on diaphragm.
- Walking or sitting upright will cause me to be headbutted in the bladder, hence the urge to pee every 5 minutes.
- Walking also gives me pelvic pain plus I look like a deranged penguin waddling around, holding up my tummy with both hands for support.
- I have a map of the lost city of Atlantis engraved on my tummy and sides (dark, angry stretch marks).
- When baby moves, it is visible through three layers of my clothing (it's winter). Imagine what my tummy feels from inside.
Doakan I have a safe and easy labour soon please guys! Thanks! :)