Saturday, February 18, 2012

Paper Latern inspirations

I went out with your Auntie Ngah today. She just came back from New York but leaving again for Yogyakarta tomorrrow. :(

Anyway. We went to Ikea, because she was craving meatballs (she craves alot of food actually). Then while we were walking around, we came across these paper lanterns:

Paper lanterns from Ikea


They cost RM9.90 each. I straight away bought 10 first, just to test them out. I'm thinking of hanging them from the trees during the wedding reception.. should be pretty! I'm thinking something along the lines of this:






I'm probably gonna need more though huh? I'll have to make another trip to Ikea one of these days...

Then from Ikea, we went into a shop called Daiso in the Curve, they sell japanese made stuff (random things, everything from underwear to umbrellas to kitchen to utensils) and everything cost RM5 each.

We saw that the shops sell the exact paper lanterns too and I was all worked up coz they would cost RM5, so I could get 20 instead of 10 for the price I paid for so I was already planning to go return the ones I had already bought in Ikea.

Upon closer inspection tho, the Daiso paper lanterns had "Victory" printed on it. -_-

So... I realized I rather pay double to have plain ones.

I also want to this on the lanterns:

Paper mache butterflies on white paper lanterns



So pretty kan?? :D I just pray it doesn't rain on the day...


2 comments:

  1. go to Petaling Street.
    various sizes and colors, and very cheap!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will, thanks! My friends have been telling me to go there too.. i feel like renting tho!

      Delete

If you don't have something nice to say, please don't say anything at all. Positive vibes only, people! :)

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...