Wednesday, January 18, 2012

How It Began

The question which I had always asked my parents when I was younger, which I'm sure you will also ask your Abah and I, is "How did you guys meet?".

Well it's not a romantic love story or anything, but the puzzles just kinda fell together on their own, like a ghostly jigsaw. Long story put short, your Abah had just broken up with a girl who he later found out had cheated on him. He was broken, devastated, lost... and for some reason, probably by Allah's plan, your Abah turned to me when he needed support and someone to talk to.

But before that, I knew your Abah because both him and I were doing our chambering at the same time. I rememer the first time I met him, my friend Hafidah, who was in the same firm as him and also doing her chambering, introduced me to him.

My first impression of him was something like "He's got such a pleasant face.. babyface, but pleasant." Like the type of person anyone can instantly warm up to. I remember thinking he was a shy person as well. Like you would have to be more than just a mere acquaintance for him to open up to. So after that we met at court, or at seminars and talks organized by the Bar Council. Became friends on Facebook. Then Twitter. Just friends, nothing more. Just another fellow lawyer to be.

Basically I became his "break-up buddy". He borrowed this book from his friend on how to survive a break-up or something like that. One of the steps was to get a break-up buddy who is someone who would lend you an ear when you needed to talk about it. He would never admit that it was what he considered me to be at that time, but its okay. I totally got it.

Slowly we started to get to know each other. They say that to know who a person really is, you have to know them when they're at their most vulnerable state. And even at his most vulnerable state, your Abah was amazing. He started becoming closer to God, always worrying about praying on time, doing more than just the regular compulsory solat. I guess that was what attracted me to him most.. his dedication in wanting to find Allah.

Then on the 5th of January 2012, his mum BBM-ed me. She said, Alhamdulillah that Allah has answered her prayers, because your Abah has asked her to meet my parents. I was so shocked, that I had to sit down. Thankfully my chair was behind me. I didn't believe he would ask her that, because in my mind I always thought he was still struggling to forget his ex. I kept asking myself, what if I'm just a rebound? What if he's only doing this as a distraction from his heartbreak? What if we do this halfway and he calls it off? What if I do pursue this, and there's no turning back? So very many questions haunted me, I could only turn to Allah for strength.

So after relaying the news to my mum and dad, it was decided. Your Abah, together with his parents and your Uncle Fiqi, were going to come over to my house the Sunday after that.

4 comments:

  1. I was my fiance's "break-up buddy" as well.. nevermind. now they are ours. thanks to their past =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well Allah brings us to our other halves in mysterious, sometimes unconventional ways. Alhamdulillah. :) you and i have alot in common!

      Delete
  2. MasyaAllah.. Allah's planning is much more better

    ReplyDelete

If you don't have something nice to say, please don't say anything at all. Positive vibes only, people! :)

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...